MOU-RBA Archives

February 2013

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jake Langeslag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:25:28 -0700
Hello - The Spotted Towhee is still hanging in there!  I did not want to
over post this bird on MOU-NET since I know most people have seen the bird,
however, I have had a few people recently ask me if the bird is still
around so I thought I would post again.

Also a few county listers had come by and missed the Hoary Redpoll, which
had been an off an on visitor in the past.  The Hoary has now seemed to
have developed of a regular pattern of coming all day long for the last
week.

I was also excited to have a 6 finch week at the feeders (I can't seem to
get them all to show up on the same day for a 6 finch day yet!) Finches
include : House, Purple, Goldfinch, Pine Siskin, Common Redpoll and Hoary
Redpoll.  I think a 7 finch day might be pretty tough in Rice County but
I'm still hoping someday maybe a white-winged crossbill stops in!

Feel free to drop me an email if you would still like to come by!

--
Jake Langeslag "The Pondologist"

*Aqua Eden*
*Waterscapes that Enrich Life *