CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
Jurek Dobrucki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:24:24 +0100

Dear Josef,

indeed, it is possible that DMSO quenches the fluorescence FPs:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/j100372a091
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2457301

If it is the case, the effect ought to be reversible (immediately); if
the protein moiety is dentured, I guess it should be irreversible.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jurek Dobrucki
--