MOU-RBA Archives

April 2013

From:
Bill Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Blackburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:08:52 -0600
Hi all,

While running surveys for Minnesota Audubon today I had a single
White-faced Ibis fly over one of my points at the Euclid East Watershed
Impoundment located 2 miles East of Euclid, MN in Polk County. The bird
landed in the interior of the impoundment and I did not see it leave before
I did about an hour later. I have no idea if it plans on hanging out, but
it is possible. I should also point out that there are currently 4
White-faced Ibis just across the border from Polk County in Grand Forks, ND
that have been seen several days in a row.

Other new birds for the year for the impoundments include (in no particular
order):
Common Goldeneye 1 (Euclid)
Ring-necked Duck 1 (Euclid)
Double-crested Cormorant 29 flyover (Euclid)
Blue-winged Teal 2 (AO#4)
Northern Shoveler 1 (Agassiz Valley)
Lesser Scaup 15 (Warren Municipal Airport)
Wood Duck 3 (Polk County)
Hooded Merganser 2 (Polk County)
Greater Yellowlegs 1 (Euclid)
Blue-headed Vireo 1 (Goose Lake IBA)