MOU-RBA Archives

May 2013

From:
Erik Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2013 14:06:49 -0600
This afternoon I stumbled upon a good farm pond in Chisago County.  It was northwest of Shafer at 308th St. and Rainbow Ave.  Rainbow Ave. can be reached from County 37.

Along with the Ruddy Turnstone and handful of Wilson's Phalaropes, I spotted a Willet, both Yellowlegs, Dunlin, Stilt Sandpiper, dowitcher sp., Semipalmated Plover, Killdeer, and peeps.

I scoped from 308th/Rainbow due to a "Private Drive" sign that led closer to the pond. Then I flagged down someone passing by in their car who worked at the farm and they said I could walk closer to the pond. They advised not to touch the fence and keep away from any buffalo I might see on the other side.

Erik Collins
Shoreview, MN