MOU-RBA Archives

May 2013

From:
George-Ann Maxson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George-Ann Maxson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 17:54:07 -0600
An adult Red-headed Woodpecker showed up in our yard today. It poked around
in fresh sapsucker drillings on a birch. First one we've seen in many years.
On May 19, a pair of Green Herons began constructing a nest in a balsam fir,
about 15 ft up. The tree is in our yard, between our house and Lake
Beltrami. We can view the nest from our living room, though branches make it
difficult to photograph. The herons apparently began incubating yesterday.
We'll continue to monitor and cross our fingers that the pair will be
successful.