MOU-RBA Archives

May 2013

From:
Ron Erpelding <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Erpelding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 18:49:28 -0600
At 2:00 p.m. this afternoon I found a flock of 22 Ibises in Wilkin County in
western MN at the Meadows Waterfowl Production Area

Directions:

.         The birds were seen approximately 13 miles northeast of
Breckenridge, MN

.         Seen on the south side of Co Rd 26/210th Street approximately
three tenths of a mile west of MN Hwy 9

The birds initially flushed from the south side of Co Rd 26 when I drove
past the area but returned to the same spot.   Using my spotting scope I was
able to determine that at least 17 of the 22 birds were White-faced Ibises.
Was not able to get good looks at the remaining 5 birds to determine their
species.

The birds were still present when I passed the same area around 4:45 p.m.

Ron Erpelding

Willmar, MN