MOU-RBA Archives

May 2013

From:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Dingmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 20:36:00 -0600
I spent an hour or so searching but was unable to refind the Cattle Egret.

I continued birding in Benton County for the next two hours, stopping at the
Foley sewage ponds and Mayhew Lake, but finding little of interest.  Little
Rock Lake was still partially ice-covered, but was very active with
birdlife.  I counted a minimum of 146 Common Loons, I'm guessing nearly as
many Horned Grebes, at least 4 Red-necked Grebes, hundreds of Bonaparte's
Gulls and Ring-billed Gulls, lots of Red-breasted and Common Mergansers,
several Forsters Terns and even a few American White Pelicans.  At the
bridge on the north end of the lake I found a single Great Egret.

Herb Dingmann