MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:39:58 -0600
Hi everyone,
 My friend Jerry Bonkoski found a Bell's Vireo last Friday while doing a bird survey, west of Nerstrand Big Woods State Park in Rice County. Some local birders and myself saw and heard the bird today, and some saw two birds, indicating breeding. The location is at the NW corner of the intersection of Hall Ave. and CR 29, west of the state park.

 Bell's Vireo has been reported in this county the last three years in a row at least, by someone who refuses to share their sightings. So I'm very happy to be able to share this with all of you! Enjoy!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN