MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Joel Claus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Claus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:42:59 -0600
This afternoon I came across a pair of Red-headed woodpeckers at 315th Ave & Ivory St. The habitat looked good so perhaps there is a cluster of them in the area.  This area is SW of the town of Woodland in northern Kanabec county.

Also had an American Bittern in the marsh at Ivory & 336th Ave.

Most unexpected was a meadowlark perched on the roof of the Knife Lake town hall singing a  Western Meadowlark song.  Was not able to see the malar area (my scope stayed home, rats) so I can't say for sure it wasn't an eastern singing a western song.  If anybody checks it out, please let me know what you think.  The town hall is west of highway 65 on county road 19.

Joel Claus
Eden Prairie
Sent from my iPad