MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:32:51 -0600
Thanks to the persistence and spotting skills of a group of birders, we saw the Kentucky Warbler today at about 11:15 am.

We followed it as it sang (always hidden, except a few times in flight),  moving through the wooded area directly behind the Battle Creek Community and Recreation Center.  After almost two hours, it  returned to the top of the hill at the the original reported location.  It perched several times, once in clear view, and the last time partially hidden. He lifted his head while singing, revealing his black mask and spectacles, and stayed perched longer than usual, so we all finally had a hard-earned look at this magnificent warbler!

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls