MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Frederickson Randy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frederickson Randy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:44:15 -0600
While working on the Breeding Bird Atlas in Kandiyohi county, I encountered a Bell's Vireo south of Willmar.  I believe it to be a first county record for this species and was tickled he had the decency to be in a BBA priority block.
From the highway 23/71 bypass intersection south of Willmar, travel south on MN hwy 71 about 4.5 miles.  Turn west on 105th Ave SE, then take the first turn back to the north on 7th St SW.
Travel north until the road splits a wildlife management area.  The BEVI was on the east side of the road, in the NW corner of the shelter belt.  He's been hanging fairly close to the road, so no need to bushwack or gather wood ticks.

Randy Frederickson
Willmar Middle School