MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Julian Sellers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julian Sellers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:08:23 -0600
A group went to the Battle Creek Park woods this morning, and did not hear or see the Kentucky warbler.  We did not hang around longer than about 20 minutes waiting for it to sing, but this bird was a very active singer, so I think it was not present today.  We heard two Mourning Warblers at other places in the same woods, and saw one.  That one was singing actively from trees in the ravine on the south side of the wooded hill, providing a good opportunity for a sighting from the trail that runs more or less east-west at the top of the ravine.  Best access to these woods is from the rec center parking lot on Winthrop Street, between Upper Afton Road and Lower Afton Road, in southeastern St. Paul.

Julian
St. Paul