MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 12:59:56 -0600
For the second consecutive year, there are Acadian Flycatchers on the KC Road in the Minnesota river valley.  This is NW of New Ulm in Milford township, just south and east on the KC road where it intersects with 210th Ave.  I found an Acadian Flycatcher at this location last June as well. There were two Acadian Flycatchers interacting today and I'm guessing that they are a mated pair.  Perhaps this species is more established in Brown county than I ever realized it was.  A little disturbing is that on the north side of the road there is hardwood logging taking place.  It didn't seem to bother the Flycatchers. I hope that the logging doesn't happen on the south side of the road, it's a really beautiful track of land which is a forested ravine with a stream running through it.

Brian Smith