MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim R Eckert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:35:32 -0600
A Lazuli Bunting was reported to Jim Lind via the Duluth RBA late yesterday by Peggy & Kevin Donahue, 3424 Allendale Ave, and it was still present late this morning. It is an adult male, and to my eye it appeared to be in typical plumage with no anomalous features to suggest a hybrid. It gave its Indigo Bunting-like song several times before being spotted in a tree behind the garage. (It had been visiting the back yard feeders, but it did not do so during the 45 minutes we were there.)

The residents have given permission for birders to visit their yard: from Arrowhead Rd & Woodland Ave, go N on Woodland for 1.5 mi to Anoka St, turn right (east) on Anoka for 1 block to Allendale Ave, then left (north) on Allendale for 1 block to 3424 on the right side of street. Park on Allendale (please do not block any driveways), and walk up the driveway to the back corner of the house / front corner of the garage from where the feeders and back yard can be viewed. There is no need to phone in advance before visiting, and please do not venture beyond the garage at the end of the driveway. Good luck!  Kim

Kim R Eckert
http://www.mbwbirds.com