MOU-RBA Archives

June 2013

From:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:45:39 -0600
Last week and on Tuesday this week, I heard and saw very active Bobolinks  along 230th Ave. in Wabasha Cty.  From  Hwy 60 in Mazeppa, take 240th Ave. Way south.  Turn right almost immediately onto  Cty Hwy 11, heading SW.  Drive about   2 mi., and turn south (left) onto 230th Ave. The Bobolinks are seen in the fields on the east side of the road, and will occasionally fly to the field on the west side.

I also saw a Red-headed Woodpecker on a telephone pole along Hwy 11, and heard RHWO vocalizations at several locations along 465th St. and 465th St. Way, gravel roads to the north of Hwy 60, west of Mazeppa.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls