CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Scott Wong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 18:07:54 -0500

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has successfully used the Alexa Fluor 532
secondary to view tyrosine hydroxylase in dopaminergic neurons. I'll be
imaging it using a 543nm laser with a Nikon confocal microscope. Based on its
excitation wavelength it seems to be an ideal match but I don't any
experience with it.

If not, can anyone comment on its anti-quenching properties? I'm currently
using the Alexa Fluor 546 for the same purpose but it quenches almost
unusably fast with every mounting media I've tried.

Thanks for the help,
Scott Wong