CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2013

From:
Michelle Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:52:30 +0100

Dear all

 Sadly, as our highly experienced facility manager is leaving, to move on to higher and better things, we have an exciting opportunity at Leeds, for a new facility manager as outlined below.  The job is advertised on Jobs.ac.uk (should shortly be at the Nature jobs website) and can also be found here: http://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/fe/tpl_universityofleeds01.asp

Faculty of Biological Sciences , School of Molecular and Cellular Biology , Research Facility Manager, Ref: FBSMB0019

We are seeking an experienced individual to manage the Bio-imaging and Flow Cytometry Facility within the Faculty of Biological Sciences. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day running and maintenance of equipment, manage bookings and facility finances, and provide expert advice and training to a wide range of users for both microscopy and flow cytometry.

The bio-imaging facility is equipped with Zeiss LSM confocal microscopes, a Deltavision deconvolution microscope and is starting to implement super-resolution methodologies. The flow cytometry facility is equipped with an 11 colour BD LSRFortessa and a BD FACSAria II for cell sorting and biological/immunological assays.

The applicant should have a PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant area, together with an in-depth knowledge and experience in the area of Bio-imaging and Flow Cytometry.

University Grade 7 (£30,424 - £36,298 p.a.)

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Michelle Peckham, tel +44 (0)113 343 4348, email [log in to unmask]

Closing Date: 27 August 2013

We are hoping to appoint someone soon after the closing date, so that they can work alongside our existing manager to learn the ropes, before he leaves at the end of October.

Please let anyone who might be interested know about this position.

All best

Michelle