MOU-RBA Archives

August 2013

From:
Karl Bardon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Bardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 21:40:08 -0600
While birding at Wisconsin Point today I observed five different Parasitic Jaegers (1 light juvenile, 3 light adults, and 1 dark adult). I initially saw a light morph juvenile from the Superior Entry in the late morning, which briefly crossed into Minnesota waters, but was otherwise seen in Wisconsin. I then birded along Wisconsin Point between Gull Bluff and Lot 1, where I saw repeated attacks of jaegers at gulls until mid-afternoon. At one point, a flock of four jaegers came down the beach, which included three light adults and one dark adult. It was not until looking at my photos tonight that I realized I had seen five jaegers, rather than just four. Hopefully these jaegers will be seen at Wisconsin Point for the next few weeks. I posted a photo of the juvenile to MOU Recently Seen. I also uploaded a fun close-up image of this same juvenile (taken off gull bluff in Wisconsin) to www.pbase.com/karlbardon/jaegers.

Karl Bardon
Duluth, MN