[mou-net] Blue Grosbeak, Brown County

Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:00:10 -0600

Hey, birders:

Late this afternoon there was a male Blue Grosbeak perched on a utility wire along a gravel mine a few miles southeast of Sleepy Eye.  This gravel mine is along the Cottonwood river and is a location where I've been searching for Blue Grosbeak at for years but haven't found one until today.  The exact address is 24214 220th St. (Hoffman's Demolition Landfill). I think I saw a female there as well but didn't get the best looks at it. I was able to "digiscope" a few pictures of the male.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye, MN