MOU-RBA Archives

September 2013

From:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:55:46 -0600
Copied from the Wisconsin listserv, due to an Arctic Tern in the Twin Ports.

This morning Robbye Johnson, Ted Keyel and I birded from Lot 1 along
Wisconsin Point (just east of Duluth, in northwestern Douglas County). While
scanning through the jaegers and gulls this morning (had a 5 Parasitic
Jaeger morning), I found a distant & evenly-pale-winged tern flying by,
still hosting a black cap. Since getting into birds as a kid, I've been
wanting to see an Arctic Tern (top of my dream bird list). It was such a
special treat witnessing the lifer Arctic Tern with Ted and Robbye today,
and it's just darn fun to bird with them period! My personal description of
this bird is in the eBird checklist below.

eBird list

Arctic Tern
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602553
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602553

Two Parasitic Jaegers chasing a Ring-billed Gull
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602555

Two Parasitic Jaegers' undersides
http://www.pbase.com/image/152602561

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird Photography
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)