MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 08:37:28 -0700
The third snowy owl located in Morrison County this year was spotted by
Gerald Yourczek (Holdingford science teacher) at the intersection of County
21 (30th street) and 100th ave.  1 mile south and 2 miles west of Bowlus.
Busy area for owls this year. We found a Long Eared a week ago not far from
this location. The owl is a mature, very white bird and is hunting around
the area. Some years I have to travel the whole county to see 1 bird then
the last 3 years multiple ones have been showing up. All these birds are
just outside of the CBC circle (south) for Little Falls that will be going
on tomorrow. I hope we find more when we do the count.