MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:06:58 -0700
Its been a kinda different year for birding. Two more Snowy Owl reports.
This morning at the intersections of 215th ave. and 430th street  and at
River street and cty road 3, two more owls were found. This is in Northern
Stearns County near Holdingford. If someone likes cruising the country this
is within a half an hour from the other 3 reported (still on site) in
Southern Morrison County. I teach school and talk about birds to my
students,their parents and bus drivers.. Nothing (almost nothing) slips
through our area without Milt and I getting a report. These two owls are
valid because the people who saw them are familiar with Snowy Owls. I wonder
why so many are hitting our area?