MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:36:14 -0700
My coworker discovered a Snowy Owl this morning around 8:15 on County Road 11
between County Round 31 and the railroad crossing.  He took me out to the spot at 9:15,
and we observed it on top of a power pole right at the driveway of residence 60202.  There
is a large cowboy silhouette leaning against his pole which is 1.1 miles west of County Road
31.

Remarkably my coworker discovered this nearly all white owl in the dense fog this morning
as it perched in the ditch on the south side of 11, walked in the corn stubble, and later
perched on a different power pole.

Use caution on this busy road with no shoulder in the dense fog.

I will post photos later tonight on the Minnesota Birding Facebook page.