MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
"Fr. Paul Kammen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fr. Paul Kammen
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:12:07 -0700
Many thanks for this post. I headed out at 1 and was there for an hour and
the owl was on the pole, very tame. It went from one pole to the next and
stayed perched, then going out to the field before going back again. While
the county road is not too busy and there is ample room to pull over,
unfortunately there were several very rude drivers who decided to use their
horns (and one nice one who waved). I was far on the shoulder and in no
one's way, as were two other birders who showed up, so not sure what the
deal was but that was frustrating. Hopefully he sticks around a while in the
area, a very tame bird with some nice photos. Only bummer was not getting
him (her?) in flight when I had the chance but quite the delight to see.

Fr. Paul, Delano