MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:19:47 -0700
Sherburne Refuge volunteer, Mary Carlson, found a second snowy owl west of Royalton, Morrison County, yesterday afternoon.  She shared an image of the bird with me, and it has quite a bit of brown spotting on it, and is much more wary than the bird I saw on Wednesday, which was mostly white with just a few small brown spots. It was hanging around the farm and in the field to the south, sitting on irrigation pipes, on the ground, or on power poles around the farm.

From Hwy. 10 at Royalton, turn west on CR 27 (Nature Road) at the light.  This bird was near the farm that's just west of the 160th Ave intersection and in the field to the south of the road - about 1 mile west of Royalton.

Betsy Beneke
St. Cloud