MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 08:41:55 -0700
One more Snowy Owl was found in Morrison County. During Saturdays CBC
Marilyn Emerson and her group found a Snowy on the west end of 103rd str.
between Hilton Rd and Hwy 10 south of Little Falls a few miles. Also, the
one reported in northern Stearns County around 215th ave and 430th str.
(West of Holdingford off from Hwy 17) was relocated yesterday. Search the
area up to 200th ave. The bird moves about. Betsy Beneke found one near Rice
in Benton County. Contact her for information. Another Long Eared report was
turned in by Milt Blomberg for the Little Falls CBC. He heard what appears
to be a Long Eared calling and it was in the right environment. We will be
checking it out better once the snows quit. The location is 125th ave and CR
211 on the S.W. end of Green Prairie Fish Lake. This is private property in
a 15 -20 year pine plantation. The Long-Eared north of Bowlus has not been
relocated but I drive past there twice a day. If I see it again I will
report . We also had a Barred and Great Horned Owl on our count week.