MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:37:11 -0700
If anyone wants to spend a good day birding, Central Minnesota has a lot to
offer. Presently,  5 different Snowys were found in Morrison, 2 with a
possible third in Benton, and 3 in the Holdingford area of Stearns. All the
fore-mentioned birds are within a half hour drive from each other. Its nice
not having to go hundreds of miles to look for birds when there is plenty of
excitement right in my back yard. Other Owls seen recently in the area, 2
Great Horned, 1 Long Eared, 2 Barred, 1 Screech. Good year for Owling. Low
numbers in Grosbeak, Crossbill, Sisken, and Red Poll. Hope they start
showing up in larger numbers. I need to relocate a Long Eared for Butch from
the Crosby area. I teach school so the next 12 days are free because of
Christmas break and I will be on the trail enjoying the outdoors. My excuse
is, its a courtesy to my wife so I'm not under her feet.  Contact me or Milt
Blomberg if you have any questions.