MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
roy zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2013 11:43:04 -0700
I took a drive this moning to Point Douglas and saw the juvenile black scoter reported earlier by Doug Kieser and Howard Towle, swimming near shore just north of the marina.  Couldnot find the long-tailed duck.

On the way home I stoppd at Vadnais Lake and met Ron Erpelding who told me about a female long-taild duck.  She was with a group of common goldeneyes at the far left (north) of the strip of water kept opn by the current.  Many goldeneyes, common mergansers, mallards, ring-necked ducks, 20 or so trumpeter swans also.