MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 20:23:31 -0700
I have photos of the Meeker County Snowy Owl found yesterday just west of
Litchfield on my blog: http://www.aboywhocriedheron.com

I also posted a Snowy Owl picture and some other bird photos from last
Saturday's trip to the Sax-Zim Bog on the Minnesota page of Birding Across
America (http://birdingacrossamerica.com/midwest/minnesota) Notable birds seen
in the Bog included:

6 Rough-legged Hawks (1 Dark Morph)
7 Black-billed Magpies (pasture on McDavitt Rd)
4 Gray Jays (Welcome Center on Owl Ave)
3 Wild Turkeys (outside of the bog about a mile from Independence)

Around Angora and other parts of northern MN I also found:
5 Rough-legged Hawks
4 Northern Shrikes