MOU-RBA Archives

December 2013

From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:16:14 -0700
I am still in northern MN, but I was contacted by a coworker back home who found a Snowy
Owl in Meeker County right at sundown tonight.  The location is 0.25 miles west of 525th
Ave. along 310th St. She saw it fly and then perch on a pole on 310th St.  This is
approximately 2 miles north and 1 mile west of Grove City.

In addition to a successful outing on Aitkin Co. Rd 18 on Thursday, I birded the Sax-Zim Bog
yesterday.  Highlights included:
1 Great Gray Owl (Admiral Rd north of feeders)
1 Northern Hawk Owl (Owl Ave as reported)
2 lifer Boreal Chickadees (Admiral Rd. feeders)
5 Gray Jays (also at feeders)
1 Black-billed Magpie flying

We had some interesting feeder action at relatives' homes in Angora and Bear River in
addition to the usual suspects.
40+ American Goldfinches at each site
7 Evening Grosbeaks
1 immature and very lost White-crowned Sparrow

Pictures of many of these birds will be on my sites sometime in the next couple days.

Good Birding!
Josh Wallestad

http://www.aboywhocriedheron.com
http://birdingacrossamerica.com