MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

From:
Robert Burmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Burmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 14:07:09 -0700
Today, I relocated the same heavily-barred juvenile Snowy Owl I found yesterday in Maple Grove. This time is was perched in the middle of the large open area just to the north of Weaver Lake Road, and bound by Norwood Lane on the west side and Jonquil Lane on the east side. There are two huge ponds with a snow-covered walkway intersecting them. And, the owl was perched in the middle of the walkway. I originally saw it while driving past on Weaver Lake Road. And, it was best viewed from the shoulder of Norwood Lane. Binoculars or a spotting scope are required for viewing at this location.

Here are a couple photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rburmaster/11952971225/in/photostream/lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rburmaster/11953262374/lightbox/

Good Birding,