MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

From:
Erika Sitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erika Sitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:50:13 -0700
Two Snowy Owls on power poles along US-10 in Ramsey, one on the north side
about a quarter-mile west of Armstrong Blvd and one on the south side
between Armstrong and Ramsey Blvd right around the blue sign (for North Star
RR, I think), time 1:45pm. Ten minutes earlier we, and a cast of dozens,
watched one on a pole in the roundabout, 147th/Sunwood, north of the
shopping area. Any birders who want to check them off probably should get
out there, because the community has discovered them. There were 10 parked
cars and people walking around under it. It flew and perched for a few
minutes on a pole by the turnoff to the shopping center, Zeolite?, chased by
a couple cars, finally flew off to the peace and quiet of Highway 10.

Erika Sitz

Ramsey, north Anoka County