MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

From:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 18:54:25 -0700
I searched for the Snowy Owl that had been reported east of Stewartville in Fillmore County late this afternoon but was unsuccessful.  Other birders were not able to find it earlier in the day as well.

As a nice consolation, at dusk I spotted two Short-eared Owls in the area to the southwest of the location where the Snowy was reported. They were located flying over the more weedy fields on the west side of 121st Ave about 1/2 to 3/4 mile south of 330th St. To get to this area, go south of Hwy 30 on CR1 for 1mile and go west one mile to 121st Ave.

Sent from Bob Ekblad's iPad
Birding-Minnesota.com