MOU-RBA Archives

January 2014

From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:14:44 -0700
I went back to work teaching today after Christmas break and found several
emails from colleagues who have spotted Snowy Owls in the last few days.
There could be some good owling around here if people want to explore. This
information isn't very fresh, but it might provide starting points for searching.  I
figured Mike could include them on his map. Here is what I have:

Dec. 27: A Snowy flushed from my coworker's grove.  They live at 56549 US
Hwy. 12 between Litchfield and Grove City.

Dec. 27: A Snowy was seen south and east of Litchfield on a mailbox at a
place owned by Hulterstrums (I don't have an exact address on this one).

Dec. 30: A coworker refound the Litchfield owl I had reported earlier.  It was
seen along US Hwy 12 just east of Co. Rd. 31 on a pole, and it then flew north.
This was a mile north of where I saw the bird just an hour or so before, and the
bird I saw was flying that direction.

A Snowy has been seen along MN Hwy 4 south of Grove City at a farm place
one mile south of the turn-off to Rosendale.

A student told me he found a Snowy in Renville Co. a few days ago just south
of the Meeker-Renville line.  The location was along 527th St. just north of
Boon Lake and south of MN Hwy. 7.  This is about 4 miles east of Cosmos

The Grove City owl I had reported earlier was last seen on Dec. 31st.