MOU-RBA Archives

February 2014

From:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Ekblad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 18:55:18 -0700
Diane and I made the trip over to try and find the Snowy Owl in Blue Earth
County that Chad Heins reported a few days ago southwest of St Clair.  We
arrived around 1:30pm and started searching the area on CR16 two miles east
of MN22.  We drove all around the area for quite a while but were not able
to find the bird.  Since the only times the bird has been reported have been
around 6pm we hung around and were rewarded with a very nice view of the
bird on CR175 just a few power poles north of the curve where CR16 goes
south.  We saw it at 5:45pm.  Each time the bird has been reported it has
been right at the curve where it perches on the power poles and hunts the
grassy area to the southwest of the intersection.

Thank you to Chad for reporting the owl and to Barb & Denny Martin for the
follow-up information.

Bob Ekblad
Olmsted County in SE Minnesota
http://www.Birding-Minnesota.com