]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MOU-RBA Home

MOU-RBA  February 2014

MOU-RBA February 2014

Re: [mou-net] snowy owl still at 180 abd Hogan

"B.heineke" <[log in to unmask]>

B.heineke

Fri, 7 Feb 2014 07:36:36 -0700

Same thing seen on Monday, about 5 folks gathered in the field perhaps 15 feet from the bird.  As I arrived another fellow got out of his car and walked across the field to take pictures.  the owl got tired of this audience and flew across the field to a pole near me.  The people left the field and followed to the pole.

Fortunately the owl tolerates people quite well.  However these folks were trespassing, they were standing on the owls hunting ground and they were too close.  Later when these folks were gone and the field remained empty the owl returned to that spot and hunted the ground around the irrigation equipment.

Those folks looking for good pictures possibly missed some great ones by interfering with the owls hunting grounds, amidst the many rules of conduct they broke.

Sent from my iPad