MOU-RBA Archives

February 2014

From:
Pete Makousky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pete Makousky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:58:37 -0700
I know of at least 2 Snowy Owls in Ramsey (maybe 3) but it appears that the
Snowy being tracked by Project Snow is the owl on the east side of
Armstrong.

The Snowy that is being baited is on the west side of Armstrong and it
almost always in the same relative spot (thus it has gotten lots of
exposure).

I am also saddened by the uninformed photographers who get way too close and
the insane baiting.

Anyway, I did look at the tracking of the east side Snowy and I can tell
(from the few spots that I saw it) that it is the same owl and does move
around quite a bit.

And that is why I haven't been able to locate it as frequently.

Thanks for all the posts on these owls.

Sky the BirdMan

Anoka, MN