ISHPSB-L Archives

February 2014

ISHPSB-L@LISTS.UMN.EDU

From:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:35:01 -0500
URGENT: ** Graduate student members of ISHPSSB are eligible for
subsidy of travel and accommodation if they apply by 28 February 2014
via http://bit.ly/NewSSCa **

--

"Changing Life in Times of Crisis"

An off-year workshop of the International Society for History,
Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology

Host: New England Workshop on Science and Social Change (NewSSC)

Location: Old Fire Station, Woods Hole, MA, USA

Dates: 18-21 May 2014

--

In this four-day workshop participants will create spaces,
interactions, and support in formulating plans to extend our own

The intended outcomes include:

a) products that reflect our inquiries and plans, conveyed in
work-in-progress presentations or activities (15 or 45 minutes) and
revised in response to feedback so as to be shared outside the
workshop,

b) experiences that motivate us to take our individual projects beyond
their current scope or level of activity, and

c) stock-taking towards developing the workshop format.

This format, in brief, includes an activity together as a group each
morning and again for an hour at the end of the day. In between, time
is spent in independent research related to this scenario, in
conversations, and in other pursuits that participants find helpful
for advancing our projects.

Applications are sought from teachers, researchers, graduate students,
and activists who are interested in facilitating discussion,
reflection, avid learning, and clarifying one's identity and
affinities in relation to the workshop topic. Newcomers and return
participants are welcome.

The workshop format will allow for a limited number of participants
over the internet.

Applications via http://bit.ly/NewSSCa