MOU-RBA Archives

April 2014

From:
Conny Brunell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Conny Brunell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:36:48 -0600
There is currently an adult male Eurasian Wigeon being seen at the Purgatory Creek Wetlands in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County.  The EUWI is in with a large raft of Coots and a variety of ducks.  There were no American Wigeons in the flock, and the EUWI really stood out in a crowd.  A scope would be needed to see them clearly as they were out toward the middle of the wetland.

The bird was found by Ken and Susan Schumacher at 12:30 pm and was still present when we left at 3:00pm.

Purgatory Wetlands is in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County. It is south from State Hwy 5 on Prairie Center Drive about 1/4 mile on the southside of Prairie Center Drive. A good viewing area and where we observed the bird from this afternoon was beside the fitness club tennis court parking lot on the east side of the wetland.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.