MOU-RBA Archives

May 2014

From:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chad Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2014 20:33:57 -0600
Two American Avocets were found on the north side of Loon
Hey birders,

Two American Avocets were found on the north side of Loon Lake east of Lake Crystal at 9:00am this morning.  The birds were in a flooded field on the south side of 196th Street east of CR114.

An additional flock of 7 American Avocets flew over my head while surveying at Evans Slough WPA (137th Street west of CR32).

My students and I had several new arrivals today during our survey work and ended up with over 100 species for the day in spite of the severe thunderstorm that ended it for us a little after 2:00pm.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato, MN

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?" --Job 12:7, 9