MOU-RBA Archives

May 2014

From:
MARK OTNES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MARK OTNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2014 17:03:05 -0600
This afternoon at about 2:30 I saw and heard a male Spotted Towhee.  I
presume this is the same bird that has been seen the previous two summers.
To get to the area, go to the main swimming beach and picnic area and
proceed west to the bridge that crosses the river to the south.  Continue
to the east on that trail for about 3/10 of a mile.  The towhee was located
in aspens and brush where the Prairie View and River View trails split
off.  You can also go to the left (north) for a couple of hundred feet to
an overview bench on a bluff above the Buffalo River.  I first heard the
towhee from this area.

Mark Otnes
Fargo ND