MOU-RBA Archives

June 2014

From:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Wallestad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 14:46:24 -0600
This morning I followed up on a report by Garrett Wee of Blue Grosbeaks at the
Cottonwood sewage ponds.  Last week Garrett found two males and a female on
the brushy, large hill along the trail heading into the ponds.  Today I saw and
photographed one of the males and quite possibly saw a female as well.

Garrett gave me another tip to check out Lone Tree Lake a couple miles to the
northwest of Cottonwood where there has been a pair of nesting Upland
Sandpipers in the grassy Wildlife Management Area on the northeast end of the
lake as well as in the hayfield on the other side of the road.  I was able to see
one of the Upland Sandpipers there today along with two Bobolinks.

Another fun find was a female Wood Duck on Sham Lake with 17 ducklings in tow!

Good birding!
Josh Wallestad

http://www.aboywhocriedheron.com