MOU-RBA Archives

November 2014

From:
MOU admin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MOU admin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:17:39 -0700
(Posted by Andrew D. Smith <[log in to unmask]> via moumn.org)

Observed an adult female Black Scoter at Black Dog Lake at approximately 3:30 PM. She
was with a large flock of Ring-necked Ducks, which made me think it could possibly be the
Lake Harriet bird. Don't know if that bird has been seen this afternoon.
I have previously found Black Scoters in Dakota County (all females) at Lake Byllesby and
Lake Marion. This is the first I'm aware of from Black Dog.

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County