CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2014

Sender:
From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2014 08:35:03 -0700

The sticky mats I mentioned are good for small particles, but big chunks of
mud and grit won't always be stopped by them. For muddy or salt crusted
footware, a boot scrubber, rug, and sticky mat will help in that order. The
boot scrubber is a block with strategically placed brushes that you rub the
boot against, which should take off the biggest particles. Then wipe your
feet on the mat, hopefully drying the bottom off a bit, followed by the
sticky mat.
If your users will put up with it, paper over booties really help. You want
to put them on as you step off the sticky mat into the room. Lift a foot
off the mat, slip the paper cover over the boot, then place your foot on
the floor. Repeat with the other foot. Just don't step on the mat with the
cover on or it will be pulled off your foot.

Craig