MOU-RBA Archives

December 2014

From:
Stephen Greenfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephen Greenfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2014 21:44:02 -0700
A female Common Eider was at Canal Park in Duluth on Sunday afternoon, with
Mallards near and on the shore between the south parking lot and the
"channel".

I apologize for not posting earlier, but I was told it was on the area
Saturday and presume it is the same bird that was in the area (but not this
accessible!) for a month or so.

The area had plenty of Glaucous, Thayer's, Iceland, and Herring Gulls at
close distance. (I can't imagine there is an easier place to study gulls...)

Also FYI, I stopped at 44th and Regent but did not see the Golden-crowned
Sparrow.

Stephen Greenfield

Minneapolis