MOU-RBA Archives

January 2015

From:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Coble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2015 11:56:55 -0700
I saw one of the two Snowy Owls today, in the middle of the morning today, thanks to Kathy Thom and her very young grandson who both saw it before I did.

It was in the field quite close to the east side of  Kane Avenue, about 1/8th of a mile (or less) south of 190th Street, the same location where it has been reported by Dave Bartkey, Gerry Hoekstra and Dan Tallman.  The owl was facing away from us, but occasionally turned its head, so we could see its eye.  It was lined up with a red house in the background.

I didn't get a full look at its front, but the owl was  all white on the head and back, except for some some very tiny spots on the wings, viewed from the back, so it was possibly the same owl that Dan photographed.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls

A note:  246 south is actually Kane Avenue as well, so if you turn at the sign for Nerstrand onto 246, don't turn right when you see the Nerstrand Big Woods sign--just keep driving south on what is 246/Kane Avenue until you reach 190th. Google does give this information.