MOU-RBA Archives

February 2015

From:
MOU admin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MOU admin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:33:07 -0700
(Posted by Dedrick Benz <[log in to unmask]> via moumn.org)

Chris Hockema just called to report one Short-eared Owl near the Oaks Golf
Course near Hayfield around 11AM.  He thought it was a Northern Harrier at first.
It flew across MN Hwy 30 around an Adopt-a-Highway sign near 170th Ave.  He
also had 4 Gray Partridge  earlier along Hwy 30 east of the town of Oslo.  He
didn't get an exact location, but he suspects that he was in Dodge County, just
west of the Olmsted County line.

I had talked to him earlier this morning, and we were complaining about the cold,
windy weather putting a damper on birding, so he had decided to pal around with
a non-birder.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN