CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2015

From:
Csúcs Gábor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:51:48 +0000

Dear Martin,

Unfortunately, we do not have time to make a really quantitative
comparison but our day to day experience says that with a spinning disk
(irrespective whether EM-CCD or sCMOS) we have significantly better
results on thin, weak, dynamic samples (like visualizing microtubules in
yeast) then with a high-end confocal (Leica SP8 with HyD-s and 8kHZ
resonant scanner). With our sCMOS based system we can get a 4MP (so
relatively large FOV) image with 10-100 ms camera integration time for a
"standard" (of course this is ill defined) GFP labeled sample without
significant bleaching. This is (to my knowledge) impossible with any point
scanning system.

Greetings    Gabor