MOU-RBA Archives

April 2015

Sender:
Rare Bird Alert <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:19:47 -0600
Hi Everyone,

The tanager was seen at 8:00 a.m., again late morning, and as late as 3:00
p.m.  It has been around since Tuesday, April 21 for sure.  I saw it at
8:00 a.m., and stayed in my car, because it seemed a little skittish.

From State Hwy 23 at the west end of Brook Park, turn south on Pine County
Road 126/Monument Road.  Go south approx. 1.5 miles to Fire # 26603 -
blue/gray house on the right/west side of the road.  The bird has been
feeding on a fruit/nut suet block hanging on a shepherd's hook near the
base of the steps that come off the deck (south side of the house).  The
feeder is easily visible from the road.

PLEASE view from the road, and stay out of the driveways and yard.  The
feeder is pretty close to the road, so there's really no need to venture
from there.  The residents are my personal friends, they're really nice
people, but not avid birders, so I don't want them traumatized by people
who think they can push the boundaries.  Besides, too much commotion, and
the bird could certainly leave the area, and it would be nice if everyone
who wanted to see it had a chance.

Thanks for your consideration!

Betsy Beneke
St. Cloud, Benton County