MOU-RBA Archives

April 2015

From:
Jesse Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jesse Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:18:15 -0600
My father and son and I went to the Bass Ponds mid-morning. the AMERICAN
AVOCET was still present, as were two WILSON'S PHALAROPES far across Long
Meadow Lake among high numbers of both species of YELLOWLEGS. One KILLDEER
and one PECTORAL SANDPIPER rounded out the shorebird count. A flock of
BONAPARTE'S GULLS was nice to see as well.

Passerine migration has really stalled here in the CIties, but
White-throated Sparrows had really moved in in decent numbers last night. I
know they've already reported, but they're one of our most numerous
migrants and it was obvious the bulk of them hadn't really arrived until
this push today (though I think there will be more of them by Sunday...). A
few MYRTLE WARBLERS (again, there should be more of them...) and 2 PALM
WARBLERS was it for warblers, though Ronald Cordes​ mentioned he had a
NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH. We had two LINCOLN'S SPARROWS on the Hog Back Ridge
Trail as well as a FOY SWAMP SPARROW and a SLATE-COLORED JUNCO. Ron
mentioned that he had a late AMERICAN TREE SPARROW as well.

Good birding!
Jesse ELlis
Saint Paul, MN